Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Court's Paragraphs

These are Court Jones' submissions for his two creative paragraphs:

Hi my name is John. I love school. I love the smell of freshly open books. The noises of pencils scratching over paper as people write. The stomping of kids running through the halls as the bell ring. The teacher talking for hours not knowing that no one is listening. The whispers of kids around talking. The sound I love the most is the end of the day bell.

After school is the best time ever. I love looking down the street and seeing all the homeboys outside. Yellin my name to come down the street. Oldheads telling us about the old days as if someone cares. The sound of dice rolling on the concrete. The girls looking so good you wish you were single. Cars going by as they watch you act a fool in the middle of the street.

2 comments:

  1. Nice juxtaposition.

    By the way, we DO know when kids aren't listening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete